ANTIBIOLOGICAL GROWTH AND ANTIFOULING SYSTEMS FOR SEAWATER
PETIÓN is the most advanced antibiological growth and anticorrosive system for seawater circuits that can be found in the market. applying The highest technology in electrolysis, the two main objectives are reached. The total cleaning up of molluscs, crustaceans and algae in one hand and, on the other, the protection against corrosion in the whole system where the seawater flows, either in pipelines, valves or any other machinery.
The use of PETIÓN on all kind of ships, vessels, petrol platforms, and inland seawater refrigeration systems, has been crucial in the maintenance of them.
The PETIÓN system is a PETER TABOADA's patent. Built with the best components and materials after several years of research and development, the PETIÓN system is the most cost-effective and least expensive by its performance, low energy, and maintenance expenses.
Within the advantages we have found, regarding to other systems, we can mention:
- It avoids molluscus, crustaceans and algee incrustations, which reduces substantially the maintencance cost of pipelines, sumps, valves, seawater inlets, intercoolers and condensers.
- Eliminates sludge formation
- Eliminates corrosion in the pipeline, increasing its duration and protecting it. This means savings, as there is no need to replace them from time to time.
- It increases refigeration in engines, refigeration equipment, condensers, intercoolers etc. That means energy savings.
- It increases seawater circulation in pumps, which increases its efficiency.
- The PETION consumes up to 90% of the aluminium and copper electrodes, and for their replacement it is not necessary to bring the vessel to dry-dock.
- Reduces combustible consumption in steamsships produced by accumulated incrustations and corroison in the condensers.
- Reduces the time loss for cleaning in intercoolers, seawaters inlets and seawater valve inlets.
- Eliminates speed losses due to the blockage of the refigeration systems.
- Eliminates potencial machinery damage due to overheating from blockage.
- Eliminates potencial shipment damage ( fish or other food of temperature related items ) due to failures in the refigeration system.
- Eliminates potential passangers incovenveniences due to failures in air conditioner system.
- Reduces power losses and overheating of diesel engines by reboiler blocking.
Systems without electolytic tank
Electrodes installed directly in special cabins or in the seawater inlet. So that they wear out sooner because the current in the pipe. It needs more electrodes one set in every seawater inlet.
The instalation in the pepeline does not allows checking or replacement without closing the water circulation. In ships, if they have installed the electrode in the seawater inlet, the problem is bigger, because it only can be replaced if the ship is at the dock.
In case they install it in the sludge box it is possible to check and replace by closing the valves, but it would not protect the water inlet where main problems are originated.
Systems without special waterthinght proof.
Without lasting warranty.
316 Stainless still tank which allows a correct mixture with the needed dose without wasting product.
The electrodes last longuer.
The electrolytic tank whit by-pass allows the checking and replacement at any time in 10 minutes.
Patented quadruple watertight system.
One year warranty for the electrodes lasting, althoung up 18 months.
Electrolytic tank systems without aluminium electrode.
Painted steel tank.
Low purity copper electrode and narrow.
It has only the cooper electrode which does not protect against corrosion, as well as the own electrode increases it a 10%.
316 Stainless stell tank.
Cooper electrode of maximun purity and wider ( long lasting ).
Patented quadruple waterthight system.
It has cooper and aluminium electrodes. The aluminium avoids corrosion wich is from seawater and copper that is highly corrosive.
Hypochlrites generator systems
The system only protects against biological growth, but increases the corrosion as the chlorine is a very corrosive agent.
High electric consumption ( 60 / 150 A ).
Expensive electrodes with low frequency of replacement.
When there are many seawater inlets many electrodes are needed more expensive.
Protects against biological growth and corrosion.
Low electric consumption ( 3A ).
Cheap electrodes with high frequency of replacement.